By Susan Harrow, Media Coach & Author of Sell Yourself Without Selling Your Soul
I’m trying to do something big and I’d like your help.
Here’s the short version of it:
I have a dream of helping inner city kids get jobs straight out of high school by learning how to spotlight their skills during a job interview. But bigger than that is to give them the means to speak their mind, hold their ground, keep their originality, and get their way — in a peaceful manner. To do that I want to bring sound bite training and Aikido into the schools as part of the curriculum. (Aikido is a Japanese Martial art with the philosophy: The Art of Peace of Harmony, a path to polish the spirit. The founder, Morihei Ueshiba says, “True victory is self-victory; let that day arrive quickly!”) The practice of these two skills together will enable them to EMBODY their words and deeds.
I want to accomplish 4 things that will help our economy out of the recession and improve the status and well-being of America in the global marketplace.
- Prepare college students for job interviews after graduation.
- Prepare inner city kids (not collegebound) to land a job w/a career path that suits their strengths.
- Teach teen, college and young adult entrepreneurs what it takes to get start-up funding from venture capitalists by media training them to say exactly what their audience needs to know.
- Teach teen, college and young adult entrepreneurs how to get and keep media attention to be profitable companies, thought leaders in their industry, and recognized, respected and sustainable brands.
To do this I need funds. So I’ve applied for a grant for $250,000 with Chase Bank and LivingSocial. To qualify for the grant I need 250 votes for my idea.
That’s where you come in.
- Go here: https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com
- Click the button: Log in and Support
- Log in using your Facebook account
- Enter the following information:
Business name: Harrow Communications
- Click on Search
- Click on Vote
REQUEST: After you vote would you do a kindness and pass this on via your social networks to your friends, colleagues, and followers who you think would benefit? There is a “Share” button on the missionsmallbusiness.com site that says, “Share vote.”
Here is what you can put:
Susan Harrow wants 2 help inner-city kids & college grads get jobs. Vote 4 her biz: Harrow Communications. I did! http://bit.ly/Nc5jsv
I’d be enormously grateful! Thank you!