Pattern Break: Changes in the Ezine and My Biz
Maybe you’ve noticed.
I haven’t sent out an ezine for quite some time. (Please forgive!)
I’ve been rethinking just about everything. Creating a new website. Developing a new blog. Working on a new webinar. Hosting webinar trainings for the kinds of things I think you’ll need most to create a sustain your business in the face of so many technological and economic changes.
I had an idea for a novel and pitched it to my literary agent over Pad Thai noodles and crispy squid when he was in San Francisco for a conference. He said he loved it and had a publisher waiting for it. Could I write it up in a month? Small snafu – I have no idea how to write fiction.
But I did one thing to start anyway.
A friend and I went to Cavallo Point Spa in Sausalito for a day of luxury and writing. We got jacuzzied and steamed up and all relaxed and then sat by the fire and wrote. Me in a journal, she on her iPad. Then we read to each other. She said, “F_ck you!” when I finished. And then explained that this was the highest compliment cause she was jealous. It gave me heart.
Next, I bought a book on how to structure a novel called, Nail Your Novel by Roz Morris, who has written 8 bestsellers as a ghostwriter so I figured she must know what she’s doing. Plus she’s English so she says things in a fetching way, which makes me think a bit differently about language out of my usual mindset.
But with all the tumult in my business I haven’t had much time to focus on that book. I need some puttering around time to let ideas in. That’s one of the phases that Roz recommends. But there will be a time soon where I’ll need to hunker down and get three chapters written to send to my agent.
I hope you’ll hang with me in this phase and tell me what you think of my new ideas —and perhaps use this as a starting point for your own plans…
So here is the overview my grand multi-media plan across all platforms.
- My personal and professional business goals (they are intertwined).
- Platforms to share information.
- Editorial calendar for the types and frequency of postings across the mediums.
- Goal for each type of communication.
- Systems to measure tangible and intangible results.
- Offline or traditional ways of connecting.
The underlying goals are:
- Increase interaction from my existing audience (you.)
- Increase subscribers and engagement across all social media.
- Stay more closely connected with my tribe (you).
- Promote my own and affiliate products and services that serve your highest good.
- Share the shine™. Bringing your talent out into the spotlight.
I’ll do that through a delicious mix of:
- How to or step by step articles/trainings. (I love these, don’t you? Instant learning).
- Opinion and visions pieces. (I get to spout off on what pleases or pisses me).
- Promotions, launches and products from myself and others. (Trainings that inspire action – let’s get it done, OK?)
- Analysis of great stuff that works. (Creative geniuses, wild thinkers, crazy coots and magnificent mavericks and things I’d never think of).
- Beauty that moves me. (Things I can’t resist that give pure delight).
So here’s what you’ll be getting…
1. Pure content ezine updates.
These will be pure content without any free offers. (Watch in the next week or so for: The Best of Pinterest Articles. I’ve been reading them like mad. Did I mention I got sucked down the Pinterest hole for an entire weekend – deadlines pending. I just LOVE this visual diary of people lives and loves.)
2. “The Weekly Bite™.”
A snippet of something (a cloaked way of saying “sound bite”) I’ve come across randomly that moves me in some way. I can be something memorable someone said, an image, part of an overheard conversation. This will be in the form of a video, blog post or audio podcast.
3. Share the Shine™.
Your stories. Your successes. Your spotlight. I’ll be asking you to share some small or great victory that you’ve had in the comments box on my blog after you read a post. I’ll choose people to share the shine by profiling your entire story, photo, website URL so others can be inspired and learn from your successes. Have one already? Share it here: http://www.prsecrets.com/contact.php
5. Special offers to work with me personally or in a program.
What do you think about doing a 27 minute laser consult with me for just $99 (regularly $500/hour)? I did this on once before and it sold out in a few hours. I loved meeting so many of you who said that you’d been following me for years and wanted go connect further or go deeper. I recently did this again on LinkedIn and had a fantastic time talking to people who had everything from an innovative TV show to green business. As I said this will be occasional and I’ll let you who are on my list know about it the moment I decide.
If you like this idea of the 27 minute laser consult would you comment below. No obligation, just curious.
So that’s it for the moment. Whew. Now to implementation. I’ve been working weekends, nights, holidays with only the occasional excursion into the garden to sniff and snip. Heading there now as the roses are calling.
What’s on your plan for your future? Share one thing that you’re going to implement.
Like what you read? Share it!