“Miracle find me now” is my mantra for this year.
I didn’t make this up. SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy) did. Re-igniting our friendship again after a 20 year hiatus — after a tiff neither of us remembers exactly how it happened, was the first miracle. I was up on Facebook fooling with something on a weekend which I rarely do and a little word cloud appeared with SARK asking if I’d like to reconnect. A minute later we were on the phone yakking away. We ended the conversation by SARK saying, “I never stopped loving you.” I said the same back. She said “How could we not? The connection was there all along.”
In another conversation on the phone, me walking in the chill of late afternoon and SARK with the wind blowing on the beach, she said that you can just say, “Miracle find me now.” And then keep your eyes and ears peeled for it to reveal itself. So I was walking in the very brisk morning in PA over Christmas and I took a turn into the Daylesville Abbey. Its a beautiful serene place, sweeping views, lots of open space with a little creek that was full and noisy after a rain. I followed it along marveling at how clear the water was and looking at the stones, remembering how I did this in my childhood at the gorge searching for pollywogs.
I said to myself “Miracle find me now,” and around the next bend came across a holocaust memorial art project of stacks of painted boxes with statues of saints and angels that was also a bee keep. What a strange thing to find at a Norbertine abbey I thought. The next night, Father John, a priest from the abbey was over for a cocktail and cookies and I told him about coming upon the memorial. He had no idea it was there and he lives on the property.
Now, though Father John visits every year while we are here and gives us a card with a special blessing in it – to mention us out loud in his prayers during a service – along with a cd of christmas songs, this year was different. He and my mother-in-law had a big fight and weren’t speaking. Yet, when he came over he brought her a crazy animal, like he does every year for Christmas and her birthday, because he knows she loves animals. There was no big discussion. No formal apology. Just this big bouncy bird made of colorful iron. At the end of the evening we stood in a circle with our arms around each other as he gave us a blessing and tapped each of our heads naming us as he did so. Miracle? Yes.
The next miracle that happened was my mother-in-law took me aside that same evening after the priest left, held my hands, looked into my eyes and said, “Thank you for taking care of my son.” You might not think that this small thing is a miracle, but given her disposition I can tell you it was. Because miracles come in all shapes and sizes if you choose to see them. They do not have to be some blast from above in some grand or obvious gesture. They can be a creek that brings up happy childhood memories, an unspoken forgiveness, a meaningful look.
SARK told me you can ask for your miracle in many specific ways like, “Miracle relationship find me now.” Or, “Miracle person find me now.” Or, Miracle experience find me now.” Once you begin this practice it’s obvious that there are endless variations. You can see this as a corny or silly exercise…. or… as you move into 2016 can you ask for a miracle for what you want and then open your eyes to see it right in front of you. If you choose to, I’ll be right there with you asking to see my miracle and supporting you to see yours.
I wish you a miracle filled 2016.
A nice way to start off your miracles is to give. Every day I go up onto this website and click on every option. It costs nothing to give and you’re doing a huge service to all these organizations. It take less than a minute a day. It’s quite satisfying and joy-building.
A few ways to get your miracles started…
- Hop on this free publicity training designed to help you double your business by doing a few key things right.
- Keen on getting more clients, customers and sales and become a media darling. This is it.
- Learn the 3 hot hooks to transform you into a media magnet here.
- This is a special section of my website filled with lots of videos for you. I recently added several surprising ones. Enjoy!
- This is where you can try the sound bite course for $1. Yes, you heard that right.
- Looking for a literary agent? This is for you.
- Need help writing your book proposal? Ping me here.
- If you sell high end programs or services this unusual strategy might be for you.
- You, in O Magazine. Yes. Discover the best ways to pitch the editors here. Find out if you are a prime candidate for getting in the magazine. (There are 12 ways).
- Stay inspired to write your novel – or memoir, or self-help book. Practical advice too. Get that book done this year!
- Listen to my chat with Nathalie Lussier discussing what I did to shift my business and serve my clients in the way that really lights me up.
Call in your miracles. If you don’t feel like it’s working, just change the question and keep asking. Keep looking. Keep seeing. Keep going.
Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. ~ Earl Nightingale